Our goal is to compete for an America East
Conference Championship on a consistent basis.
For us to do that we need to have quality
student-athletes in our program. We want young
men who are going to challenge themselves to
be the best in the classroom and on the court.
We want student-athletes of high character in
our program who are going to represent the
university and basketball program in a
We are going to defend and rebound at a high
level. Coaches say defense wins championships!
I agree to a certain extent! You must be able
to score! We are going to do a tremendous job
on the defensive end of the floor.
1. We are going to compete at a high level
2. We are going to challenge each other every
3. We want to be the best practice team in the
America East Conference
4. What are we doing on a daily basis to
separate ourselves from our opponents?
5. We will work every day on forming good
6. Are we getting better each day?
7. Be focused for the entire length of
workouts, practice, and games
8. Have fun on the court, basketball is a
9. You are what you practice!
10. Mental toughness will take us a long way!
1. Share the basketball
2. Push the basketball, score off the primary
and secondary breaks as often as possible
3. Make more FT's than our opponents attempt
4. Four guys pound the offensive glass
5. We run offensive sets that will put our
best players in positions to score
6. Set a lot of staggered screens, screen the
7. Give players freedom to make plays
8. 50% fg, 40% 3's, 80% FT's as a team
1. Man to man team
2. Pressure the basketball, 4 guy's ready to
3. Challenge every shot
4. 5 guys rebound the ball
5. Mix in tempo pressure and aggressive
6. #1 in America East in FG% defense and
7. Hold teams below 40% FG
INDIVIDUAL WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
1. We need to consistently work on improving
2. Each player needs to become as skilled as
3. If we improve individually, we will become
a more dangerous team
4. You are what you practice!
5. The more versatile you are as a player, the
better chance you'll play!
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING PHILOSOPHY
1. We need to work on becoming bigger,
stronger, quicker, and faster on a daily basis
2. We have to be prepared to grind games out
3. The more physical we are, the tougher it
will be for our opponents
4. We will be able to wear teams down!
5. Your game will improve as you get stronger!
6. We lift year round! Three days per week in
season and four days per week out of season.